Internet of Things Smartathon
IEEE MJCET, with the aim of identifying digital technology innovations for solving the challenges faced by the society, is organizing the Internet of Things Design Contest as a part of the Student Technical Awareness Conference (STAC) 2K18. Internet of Things is the next big technology wave in the current circuits and systems world, and it is imperative for students to keep themselves abreast with this niche technology. The contest aims at giving the students a platform to showcase their ideas and help make world a better place.
Format of the Event
- Idea Presentation:
The participants firstly need to present a PowerPoint Presentation to the panel of judges pitching their idea based on Internet of things and explain its implementation process. The ppt must consist of the following:
Block Diagram of the model
Sustainability of present model
- Prototype Demonstration: Once the presentation completes, the participants should demonstrate an IoT hardware model which implements their idea and gives the desired output. The participants will also have to explain about all the components used and their working principles as well. In case if the hardware model is not completed, the participants can present a short video about their project which highlights its working principle. This video will be accepted if the project is not complete.
Note: A working demonstration of the prototype, though not mandatory will boost your chances of winning.
- Participants can take part in a team of at most 4 members.
- The competition is open to all B.E./B.Tech students.
- The candidates need to pay the Registration Fees on or before 11th February '18.
- The Winning Team of the contest will be awarded the Best Idea Award, along with Certificate of Winning from the IEEE MJCET and a cash price of ₹7,500/-
- Runner-up Team will be awarded a Certificate of Winning from IEEE MJCET along with a cash price of ₹4,000/-
- Several IoT Kits to be given as Consolation Prices.
- Participants have to report at 10 am at MJCET on 12th February ’18 (Monday) and set up their projects.
- Presentations will take place from 10:30 am to 12:30 am.
- Results will be declared at 2pm.
For More Details Contact: